For Appointments Call 619-779-7900
Message From The CEO
Friends of La Maestra,
Welcome to our website. I am very proud to report on the organization's successes this year. Our updated website is one of those. Let me recap some of our growth and successes:
· The establishment of new clinic site in Lemon Grove and a new, larger clinic in National City
· The beginning of our Senior Medicine Program
· The implementation of Telemedicine
· A Food Pantry to assist our patients
· Our Microcredit program is flourishing with over 300 participants and a long waiting list
· The establishment of La Maestra Circle of Care Endowment to ensure long-term, sustained support for health and well-being in City Heights
Now for update on our new building.
We hosted our Ribbon Cutting Event on July 16, 2010 for our new LEED Certified Gold building! This is a huge accomplishment as it is the only Gold Certified in San Diego County and one of very few Gold Certified buildings in the nation. We are so proud of our new facility and are happy to welcome the community to experience it.
As many of you know, La Maestra has a Microcredit program. Through this wonderfully successfully program we will establish several of our Microcredit clients and will feature a flower and gift shop on the main floor of the new building, our janitorial services will be provided by one of the companies started by the program and we have other retail space available for other projects as well.
Another fascinating component of this project is the recently formed an Arts and Culture Committee to study and incorporate designs, artwork, symbols from the diverse cultures served through La Maestra. The goal is to reflect the rich cultural artistry from our populations throughout the new building. After all, La Maestra is the medical home and center for City Heights' myriad of cultures and the new building will clearly incorporate this asset.
Please feel free to come by and tour or new building and see the excitement for yourself.